Hardwood Flooring in Augusta, GA
When it comes to adding value, installing hardwood flooring is certainly top on everyone's list. Thanks to its timeless look and versatility, hardwood flooring will never go out of style. And at American Carpet One, we offer premium hardwood in Augusta, GA for all your residential and commercial flooring needs.
Dreaming of hardwood flooring for your space? Keep reading to learn more about our premium hardwood selection and which flooring is best for you.
What Hardwood Flooring Do You Offer?
If you’re searching for a rustic look or hardwood flooring that can handle our Georgia summers, we have a flooring option to suit you! Some hardwood flooring options we provide include:
- A premium selection of hardwood species, including Ash, Hickory, White Oak, and more!
- Stains and colors to match your interior, ranging from dark to light.
- We offer specific grains to match your room decor.
Hardwood is a natural material, and the look and style of your flooring may vary. However, we provide hardwood flooring styles to suit our local climate and our customers’ design needs.
Let’s Compare: Solid vs. Engineered Hardwood
- Solid hardwood is durable and versatile, and it offers an incredibly long lifespan. Solid wood flooring comes in a variety of looks and finishes, and it can be refinished multiple times throughout the year.
- Keep in mind that solid hardwood flooring is susceptible to warping and water damage if not properly maintained throughout the year.
- Engineered hardwood is manufactured in multiple layers of composite wood. Engineered hardwood is more durable than solid hardwood. This type of flooring is less susceptible to water damage, and it can be installed in high moisture areas, including laundry rooms, kitchens, and hallways.
Can I Refinish My Hardwood Flooring?
In most cases, you can! While we do not offer hardwood refinishing currently, two of the common ways to refinish your own hardwood flooring include:
- Sanding: Use a drum sander with different-sized grits to sand your wood planks. Fill any cracks with wood filler and then apply your stain.
- Buffing: Use a buffing tool with a series of screen grits to restore your hardwood’s luster. After buffing, seal your flooring with a water-based finish or polyurethane.
Hardwood Flooring Installation
If you’re ready to invest in hardwood flooring, we recommend hiring a professional for installation. We take pride in our premium selection of hardwood flooring, as well as our installation process, where we ensure all flooring and furniture are protected. We back this guarantee with our range of flooring warranties, available here.
Hardwood flooring may expand and contract due to fluctuating temperatures. We suggest heating and/or AC be used before, during, and after installation to assist with the acclimation of your hardwood flooring. We recommend the use of a dehumidifier during our hot, humid months. This will help ensure the longevity of your hardwoods.
Our Hardwood Flooring Collection
As part of a Carpet One co-op, we are proud to offer exclusive hardwood flooring brands like Invincible, Rustic River, and Hydrotek. As a local business, we have more buying power through our cooperative, which means we can offer you better hardwood flooring sales and prices, along with personalized and professional service.
Ready to update your flooring? Shop all your favorite hardwood flooring brands online or visit our showroom, located at 1920 North Leg, Augusta, GA 30909.
Learn More About Hardwood
Caring for Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood flooring is an investment that will last for years to come. Ensure the longevity and beauty of your floors with these care tips.